Causes of Male Infertility
Male infertility can be caused from a number of things. Often, men are not checked for infertility till the time their better half are tested and declaredfit and ready to conceive.
Causes for male infertility can be grouped under the following categories:
- SEXUAL PROBLEMS / DYSFUNCTION
- HORMONAL PROBLEMS
- ABNORMALITIES RELATED TO SPERM PRODUCTION / TESTICULAR DYSFUNCTION.
- ABNORMALITIES IN SPERM TRANSPORT (BLOCKAGE…)
- IMMUNITY RELATED PROBLEMS
- Men who are suffering from diseases that are sexually transmitted are more prone to infertility but these issues can be handled through proper diagnosis and medication.
- Some men who have a defect right from their birth that results in a blockage which does not permit sperm to go outof the body within a man's semen.
- Diabetes could also be one of the reasons and can cause Retrograde ejaculation, which indicates that the semen does not leave the body in the process of intercourse. Instead, it enters the urine of a man.
- Inflamed varicose veins (VARICOCOELE) inscrotrumcould also cause sterilityconcerns in men.
- Erectile dysfunction can also be the reason of infertility. Premature ejaculation can also be the cause. Both the problems could be due to the outside reasons like stress, too much anxiety, lacking confidence. In such case males can cure infertility issues by getting rid of stress, raise their morale or visit a reputed therapist.
- Physical ailments such as hypertension, diabetes,some heart ailment, certain cancers, cholesterol problems, and radiation that has cured certain diseases are also the reasons of infertility.
- Obesity and even if the men are on the heavier side could also be one of the reasons of infertility.